- Lafayette, IN, USA
- Part Time - Various shifts
- Benefit Eligible
The Switchboard Operator is primarily responsible for functions regarding the switchboard. Greets patients in a warm tone of voice on the switchboard.
Essential Job Functions
- Monitors all alarm systems.
- Notifies appropriate personnel via various communication methods.
- Answers and transfers phone calls to proper locations utilizing multi-line phone system.
- Dispatches security as requested.
- Implements codes by locating on-call personnel.
- Monitors TEMA weather radio
GUEST SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE BACK-UP
Able to perform all duties and responsibilities associated with the Guest Services Representative position. See Guest Services Representative job description for full list of duties/responsibilities.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Telecommunications experience preferred.
- Medical terminology preferred
- Advanced interpersonal skills to interact with patients, family and co-workers.
- Must be able to handle stressful conditions.
- The ability to multi-task various duties among numerous departments and prioritize tasks/situations.
- Must be able to use the HEAT method of complaint management.
- Critical thinking skills required.
- Must have the ability to analyze a situation and act quickly.
- Intermediate computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Must have knowledge of and adhere to HIPAA confidentiality laws.
- Basic first aid knowledge preferred.
- Must have flexibility to work varied hours, weekends, and holidays.
|Education||High school diploma or equivalent required.|
|Licensure||CPR Certification highly preferred.|
|Other||Basic to intermediate computer skills and healthcare experience preferred. Bilingual preferred. Knowledge of infection control practices.|
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media