Food Service Worker 1 - Lafayette
- Franciscan Health - Food & Nutrition Services
- Lafayette, IN, USA
- Multiple Options
This is an entry level position into the Food & Nutrition Services department; minors age 16 and older and those without previous work experience are well-suited for this position.
Food Service Worker 1 responsibilities include washing dishes, tray prep, food preparation and transport according to department procedures. Cleans and maintains work area according to Indiana State Department of Health Sanitation Requirements (410 IAC 7-24).
Essential job functions
- Arranges food and garnishes attractively.
- Follows daily work assignments and maintains work area in a clean, neat, and orderly manner. Keeps assigned areas well stocked with supplies.
- Delivers and picks up patient food carts from nursing units, as needed. Delivers food items to patient units, as needed. Cleans carts per cleaning procedures.
- Understands and uses good portion control.
- Operates assigned equipment safely and uses correct methods.
TIME AND TEMPERATURE REQUIREMENTS
- Meets schedules and preparation time requirements.
- Records food and refrigeration temperatures accurately on forms.
- Assures appropriate food temperatures are maintained and recorded during service periods.
- Assures that leftovers and food put in storage has been cooled properly and meets temperature requirements for safe food handling.
SANITATION AND CLEANING
- Maintains and cleans area following department cleaning procedures..
- Uses chemicals safely and how they are intended for use, following chemical procedures and MSDS instructions
- Follows Indiana State Department of Health Sanitation Requirements (410 IAC 7-24) at all times.
- Practices good personal hygiene and follows department guidelines including hand washing and dress code requirements. Wears clean apron, gloves and clean uniform as required.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment according to cleaning procedures and to meet sanitation requirements.
- Understands and uses good sanitation habits when preparing and serving food. Uses appropriate food handling techniques.
- Utilizes Sanitizer Test Strip for quaternary sanitizers and may document sanitizer strength.
FOOD PREPARATION, STORAGE AND HACCP
- Labels and dates food according to department guidelines. Rotates food following first in/ first out rule.
- Stores food and leftovers meeting requirements for safe food handling.
- Prepares cold food for service. Keeps foods refrigerated until and during service. Prepares quantities necessary to assure freshness and avoid food waste.
- Keeps supervisor informed of work progress and problem areas.
- Trains other staff members, as required.
Follows infection control procedures at all times; treats all body substances as infectious.
|Education||High school diploma or equivalent preferred|
|Other||Previous experience in food service preferred|